IT Support Technician
AMICULUM Digital (Oxford)
AMICULUM is a leading independent communications agency which works with many major pharmaceutical companies on the development of new medicines. We currently have an opportunity for an IT support technician to join our in-house team which maintains our company’s network and communications systems. This permanent role is based in our Oxford office.
This is a great development opportunity for a capable and enthusiastic IT support professional who is knowledgeable about networks, laptops, printers and IT administration. We’re looking for someone who can work well with colleagues both face-to-face and remotely. The role will be varied and will include some travel within the UK . We anticipate that you will need to travel to our office in Richmond, Surrey about once a week. Some overnight stays are likely.
You will be a key member of a small team, working alongside more experienced system engineers. AMICULUM is a global business (we have teams in the USA, UK, Middle East, Singapore and China) so you will be expected to provide telephone support to colleagues in other offices and some ‘out of hours’ work is likely. We are seeking an individual with the following skills or experience:
- Provision of technical support experience to users across multiple sites (both face-to-face and remote)
- Ability to diagnose software and hardware faults
- Good MS Windows and MS Office skills
- Experience of call logging, tracking and closing service desk calls
- Ability to solve issues; take ownership of and and prioritize problems, identification of issues requiring escalation
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and a professional manner
- Familiarity with installing, setting up and supporting new equipment
- Experience of basic Active Directory management
- Ability to document and improve IT administration
- Significant experience of providing support to users of business systems and software applications
- 12 months’ experience or more in a IT support role (1st line helpdesk, 2nd line support, remote support, field service engineer or similar)
- ITIL Foundation certification would be an advantage.
You will ideally have a minimum of 12 months’ commercial experience in a similar role, however training in the software and systems will be provided.
AMICULUM offers a great working environment and a competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications. Our benefits are excellent and include a performance related bonus, pension scheme, life and long-term disability insurances and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays. We also offer both internal and external training. AMICULUM has a ‘business casual’ dress code.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES AUTHORIZED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org